Monday, 6 September 2010

Blondies!

Sorry its been so long since I've been posting, I've been so busy flying about here and there I just haven't had time to post anything up, I've still been baking away though and made these Blondies not too long ago, I've always really wanted to try making these, I've heard them mentioned so many times and wasn't really too sure what they were, brownies without the chocolate? Or just a delicious treat of their own? I decided to add butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips to the blondies I made and mmm so good! The whole batch of them had gone by the next day, my dad loved them he couldn't stop eating them despite him trying to be "good" haha! Definately a hit in the household hehe!

Blondies

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup of butter, melted
  • 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup of butterscotch chips
  • 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips

Method

1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.

2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.

3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the butterscotch chips or other mix-ins.

4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.


Blondies


Mmm look at that white choc chip!

5 comments:

Paris Pastry said...

I love blondies! Sure, they don't always win from brownies, but sometimes you just need a satisfying bite from a blondie!
XO

Diana said...

I've never made blondies before but yours look so delicious that I might have to change that.

tease-spoon of sugar said...

I haven't made a blondie yet that I love, but yours looks delicious. I may have to give it another try!

Ingrid said...

Oh, Natalie I LOVE blondies and yours look terrific! :)

Hope all is well. I see that you haven't posted anything new in a while!
~ingrid

Senka I said...

Hi there,

We've recently launched the site RecipesUS.com where users can search through hundreds of thousands of recipes from American food sites and food blogs.

We noticed that you have a great number of tasty recipes on your blog (url) and we would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.recipesus.com/top-food-blogs

If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on RecipesUS.com, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: http://www.recipesus.com/add-your-food-blog

Our concept is already live in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Spain, and we deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive 20,000+ visitors from us on a weekly basis.

Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

Warm regards,
Senka
RecipesUS.com, Hittarecept.se, Findeopskrifter.dk, Alleoppskrifter.no, Todareceta.es